Crossroads Family Center provides emergency shelter and supportive services to 27 families at a time; around 60 families pass through our shelter program each year. Currently, all of our rooms are dedicated to families referred to us by the state’s Department of Housing & Community Development (DHCD).
Find information on the state’s family shelter system at Mass Legal Help: Basic Shelter Rights (Emergency Assistance).
Families seeking shelter are encouraged to contact the following resources:
- DHCD (617)-573-1370: Families seeking shelter are encouraged to contact DHCD to see if they are eligible for Emergency Assistance and placement in a family shelter such as Crossroads.
- Families who have been denied entry to the state’s family shelter system (Emergency Assistance/EA) can find an updated list of “Non-EA” shelters here in English and Spanish: Mass Legal Services Non-EA Shelter Lists.
Individuals seeking shelter are encouraged to contact the following resources:
- Massachusetts Coalition for the Homeless maintains a list of shelters for individuals here: Individual Shelters in Greater Boston.
Both Families & Individuals in crisis can access the following state and city resources:
- Mayor’s Hotline/Dial 311: 24-Hour Hotline for assistance in the Boston area
- Dial 211: Statewide health and human service hotline, a quick and simple way to being to explore your housing options
- Boston’s Housing Crisis Hotline: 617-635-4200, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m